Wednesday, May 23, 2012

What is this world coming too...

Jon and I have always tried to teach our kids to respect others, treat others the way you want to be treated and be a good friend!! But, over the last two days that way of teaching has been very hard to stick with. I found out yesterday when I went to pick Jonathon up from school that the reason why his knee had blistered and been acting up was because some boy in his class was kicking him everyday for the past few days. Well, he didn't want to say anything because all the other kids would have called him a snitch so, he just kept dealing with it. Finally the teacher could sense an issue and spoke with Jonathon privately and he came clean about it. Let me tell you honestly my first reaction was why didn't you hit him back but, I couldn't say that he was only doing what we have taught him. Of course my phone call was not returned by the principle so, tonight I had to write a very lovely letter!!! Then today my daughter goes to the library with a friend and the friend totally flipped on her because she wouldn't call someone a slut!!! As some of you know Ariana has sensory issues and become very upset when this girl started yelling at her, she the proceeded to put her hand over her mouth and hit her off side the head!!! Then took off and left Ariana to walk home alone and crying...what the heck is going on?!?! After I got to calm Ariana down we talked and I said I was going to call her mother but Ariana told me it wouldn't matter because her mom doesn't care. See that's the issue here why are these parents not being parents??? You have children it is your responsibility to teach them right!! I know some kids have issues but honestly so do mine but we teach them that it's not an excuse!!! Everyday they are tested and I just hope my parenting skills will be the winner in the end!!

No comments:

Post a Comment